The first Portillo's hot dog stand known as "The Dog House" opened in 1963 on North Avenue in Villa Park. Owner and Founder Dick Portillo, invested $1,100 into a 6'x12' trailer without a bathroom or running water. To get the water he needed, he ran a 250 ft. hose from an adjacent building into his trailer.
By 1967 "The Dog House" was a success and was ready for a new look. After it was remodeled it was renamed "Portillo's" and over the years has grown: Portillo’s expanded to Southern California in 2005 and Indiana in 2006 and has over 3600 employees. With additional units planned for California, Indiana and Illinois, by 2009 there will be 36 Portillo’s Hot Dogs, 10 Barnelli’s Pasta Bowls, 1 Key Wester Fish & Pasta House and Hemingway’s Bar, 1 Luigi’s House and Julian’s Piano Bar for a total of 48 units plus a catering division, Portillo’s Home Kitchen.
The stores' decor reflect Dick Portillo's love of history. From 1920's, '30's and '50's themes, to a Colorado mine shaft he visited, to a Chicago street scene reminiscent of his old 16th and Central Park neighborhood, each restaurant has a distinctive atmosphere that is very personal to him.
The Portillo Restaurant Group is the largest privately-owned restaurant company in the Midwest. This was all accomplished without franchising or investors. Over the years, Portillo's has remained a family owned business. Dick Portillo attributes much of his success to his hard-working employees and to you, the satisfied customer. He thanks you for your support.
New locations - Come grow with us!!!
We are a multi-state restaurant group opening several new locations! We are a restaurant group that truly focuses on quality and customer service. We are second to none in the restaurant industry and our sales and reputation stand behind our confidence. Overall we are looking for those that have the same passion for operating a restaurant as we do!
Are you up for the challenge to manage a restaurant that has sales topping millions of dollars a year? Do you excel in a high paced environment? If you answered yes we are looking for candidates like you!
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Competitive Pay
• Structured Training Program
• 401(k) with company contribution
• Medical/Dental/Vision/AFLAC/Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Work life balance!
• Meal Discounts
• Uniform Allowance
• Bonus Program
Must have at least 2-3 years of RECENT Quick Service - Restaurant Management experience.
• Must be 21 years or older for Portillo's
• Two years continuous restaurant experience in a high volume quick serve or fast casual environment
• Available to work 5 shifts for 10 hours including nights and weekends
• Proven experience in recruiting and training staff
• Strong leadership skills
• Able to maintain a positive work environment
• Demonstrated ability to provide friendly service and create a loyal customer base
• A positive track record of controlling costs
• Current Sanitation and B.A.S.S.E.T. alcohol service training a plus